Lost rings (Captive bead ring, segment ring, horseshoe, or a corkscrew):
Rings on the body, whether it be on the septum, ear, breast, mouth, etc.
In this case do the following:
- Immediately insert a ring into the piercing canal, since it should not be left empty for too long.
- As an alternative you can use the piercing you used when you first got your piercing done.
- If you no longer have your first piece of jewelry, use an earring, which is better than nothing.
- Visit a piercing studio as soon as possible in order to get a replacement piercing, otherwise there is a risk that the wound canal will close up.
- Mouth and genital piercings will close up very quickly.
– If you use an earring as a replacement, be aware that the canal will have to be subsequently stretched, because it will have closed up slightly in the meantime. This is not a problem and is easily done, but it will cost you extra money since we only stretch in a sterilized manner.