Skip to content

Lost genital piercings

Because genital piercings involve the mucous membrane, they can be problematic, since they close up much more quickly than other piercings.

In this case, do the following:

  • Immediately insert a bar/ring in the piercing canal, since it should not remain empty for too long.
  • If you do not have a replacement piercing handy, use an earring, which is always better than nothing.
  • Go to a piercing studio as soon as possible and have them replace the piercing before the wound canal closes up.
  • If you use an earring as a replacement, be aware that the canal will have to be subsequently stretched, because it will have closed up slightly in the meantime. This is not a problem and is easily done, but it will cost you extra money since we only stretch in a sterilized manner.
  • If you’ve only lost a ball, make sure to keep the bar or ring attached (best done with leukoplast), and then go to a piercing studio.
  • Genital piercings should be replaced as soon as possible, otherwise there is a great risk of complications. Your best option is to get a “backup” piercing in case of just such an emergency.

Piercing-Wiki Search


Piercing-Wiki Autor
and Piercer

Online reservation for the piercing of your choice

More than 40.000 hiqh-quality piercings and tools.